|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Types of planets
- Gas giant
- Often large in size, gas giants have little or no solid surface. Instead, they consist largely of swirling gases—mainly hydrogen and helium—in a dense atmosphere.2
- Ice giant
- Unlike gas giants, ice giants are composed of heavier elements—such as carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and sulfur—in solid or liquid form.3
- Terrestial planet
- Terrestial planets or rocky planets have a solid metallic core with a surrounding silicate rock mantle. The deeper parts of the mantle may or may not be molten, but the outer surface of the planet is solid.4
- Planet, Wikipedia.
- Gas giant, Wikipedia.
- Ice giant, Wikipedia.
- Terrestrial planet, Wikipedia.
- James L. Sutter. (September 30, 2016). Starfinder—What We've Revealed So Far, Paizo blog.
- Charlie Hall. (November 17, 2016). Starfinder hopes to do for space opera what D&D has done for fantasy, Polygon.
- Matt Miller. (December 9, 2016). Top of the Table: The Starfinder Interview, Page 2, Game Informer.