- See also: Starfinder Society
- For another meaning of "Starfinder", please see Starfinder (product line).
Although the early efforts of the Starfinder Society focused narrowly on exploring what had happened during the Gap, after the discovery of Drift beacons, it turned to general investigation of the greatly widened galaxy now opened to discovery. Starfinders travel in small teams to unknown planets where even the tiniest insect can mean death, unearth the temples of forgotten gods, or travel the busy streets of Pact World metropolises.
- James Haeck. (June 4, 2016). Interview with the creator of Starfinder, Pathfinder's sci-fi sister game, Geek & Sundry.
- Charlie Hall. (November 17, 2016). Starfinder hopes to do for space opera what D&D has done for fantasy, Polygon.
- Mike Brock et al. (2017). Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide v1.0, p. 43-44. Paizo Inc.