This article might have further canon details available on PathfinderWiki.
Bretheda is the largest gas giant planet in the Pact Worlds system. Its nickname is The Cradle, which comes from its dozens of moons, some of which have barely been explored.
As a gas giant, Bretheda lacks a solid surface. Floating arcologies host lifeforms not native or adapted to such environments, such as terrestrial races.
Barathus are floating, gelatinous creatures capable of rewriting their own DNA, making them an extremely flexible and adaptable race. They maintain Bretheda's sister planet Liavara as a reserve of native lifeforms.
Barathus are also capable of joining consciousnesses, which they use to form super-intelligent entities. Some such entities collectively operate corporations that facilitate interplanetary trade in biotechnology, such as the Sopeth Corporation, a single sentient hive-mind comprised of thousands of barathus.
Bretheda has dozens of moons, and some are nearly the size of other planets in the system. Noteworthy moons include:
- The industrialized water world of Kalo-Mahoi.
- Marata, where anthropological debate has erupted over the native maraquoi tribes' development from paleolithic technology to space travel in only a few generations.
- Crystalline Dykon, which is home to silicon-based life, including urogs.
Bretheda is also orbited by a collection of "death moons" with conditions hazardous to most other species.
- Thyst is so radioactive that unprotected flesh can melt from bone.
- Varos is a volcanic, tidally heated planetoid where imprisoned and indentured workers mine for gemstones unique to the moon's mantle.